- Have a bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with at least a 2.5 GPA. Applicants must be able to provide official transcripts as evidence of the degree.
- Have the knowledge and academic background to teach in the selected subject area. Applicants should visit the Florida Department of Education website to check the competencies and skills required for the selected subject area.
- Be able to demonstrate a clear disposition to teach.
- Be able to perform required field experience during the school day.
- Pass the Subject Area exam and General Knowledge Test prior to entering the program.
- Valid FLDOE Official Statement of Status of Eligibility
After completing the coursework for this degree including the school-based internship, students will be guided through the steps to apply for your Florida Professional Certificate.
Ready to get started?
- New students can follow our step-by-step guide to get started at PHSC and applying to the Educator Preparation Institute.
Prerequisites: Admission to the College of Education (COE) - Educator Preparation Institute (EPI)
- Applicants must have graduated with a non-education, bachelor's degree (or higher) from a regionally accredited college/university or other approved Florida Department of Education (FLDOE) institution.
- Applicants must pass the Florida Teacher Certification Examinations (FTCE) General Knowledge Test (GK) - all sections.
- Applicants must pass respective Subject Area Exam (SAE).
- Applicants must present a valid FLDOE Official Statement of Status of Eligibility.
- Applicants must be computer literate.
A grade of "C" or higher is required in all EPI classes.
Graduation requirements include completing all above course requirements, demonstrating competency in the Florida Educator Accomplished Practices (FEAPs) at the pre-professional level, passing all sections of the Florida Teacher Certification Examinations (FTCE), a minimum 2.5 G.P.A. in all EPI coursework, and completing all School Based Hours.
Please click here to be directed to the application download.