Educator Preparation Institute (EPI) Certificate with Financial Aid Eligibility
Prerequisites: Admission to the College of Education (COE) - Educator Preparation Institute (EPI)
- Applicants must have graduated with a non-education, bachelor's degree (or higher) from a regionally accredited college/university or other approved Florida Department of Education (FLDOE) institution.
- Applicants must pass the Florida Teacher Certification Examinations (FTCE) General Knowledge Test (GK) - all sections.
- Applicants must pass respective Subject Area Exam (SAE).
- Applicants must present a valid FLDOE Official Statement of Status of Eligibility.
- Applicants must be computer literate.
A grade of "C" or higher is required in all EPI classes.
Graduation requirements include completing all above course requirements, demonstrating competency in the Florida Educator Accomplished Practices (FEAPs) at the pre-professional level, passing all sections of the Florida Teacher Certification Examinations (FTCE), a minimum 2.5 G.P.A. in all EPI coursework, and completing all School Based Hours.
Major Core Courses
- EPI 0001 Classroom Management
- EPI 0002 Instructional Strategies
- EPI 0003 Technology
- EPI 0004 Teaching and Learning Process
- EPI 0030 Diversty in the Classroom
- *EPI 0945 Diversity Class Field Experience
- EPI 0020 Professional Foundations
- *EPI 0940 Professional Foundations Field Experience
- EPI 0010 Foundations in Research and Reading
Total Credits 21
*Explanation of School-based hours (SBH): Some EPI courses contain assignments which require students to spend time in a public school classroom. This classroom time is identified in the above curriculum as SBH (school based hours). Students also complete a 6 week field experience course which requires them to spend 30 hours in an assigned classroom during this six week field experience course. The College of Education coordinates the placements for all student field experiences.