Program costs as of August 2021 for Florida residents are listed below.
- PHSC Application Fee - $25.00
- no PHSC application fee for re-application for prior PHSC students
- EPI Application Fee - $0.00
- Distance learning fee (per credit hour) - $15.00
- Tuition (per credit hour) - $105.18
- Textbooks - $0.00
- Curriculum and Requirements -
Program Pathway Cost
|Pathway||Number of Courses||Number of Credits||Estimated In-State Tuition|
|EPI with Reading Endorsement||11||30||$3,605.40|
Additional fees required to obtain a Professional Teacher Certificate include:
- In order to complete the field experience, fingerprinting and background check fees may be required and the cost may be the responsibility of the student.
Courses within the Educator Preparation Institute utilize open educational resources. Therefore, students within the program are not required to purchase any textbooks.
The Educator Preparation Institute Post-Baccalaureate Certificate program is eligible for financial aid such as Federal Pell Grant and Federal Direct Study Loan programs. In order to be considered for funding, students must complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) form for each academic year they wish to receive funding. Visit to get started.
Students may also apply for a .
When completing your FAFSA, be sure to:
- answer questions about your grade level with: Fifth year/other undergraduate
- answer questions about your degree or certificate with: Teaching credential – non-degree program
- add the PHSC school code 010652
Who do I contact if I have Financial Aid questions?
Tuition Installment Plan
To help you meet your educational expenses, the Tuition Installment Plan through Nelnet, Inc. is available to all degree-seeking PHSC students enrolled in credit courses and allows you to pay your tuition in installments. To learn more, visit PHSC's webpage.
PHSC’s Educator Preparation Institute program is approved by the Veteran’s Administration (VA) for funding through Summer 2022. To learn more about Veterans Services, visit PHSC’s Veterans Services web page