EPI Student Applicant Requirements
All Educator Preparation Institute (EPI) candidates must meet the following admission requirements:
- Possess a bachelor’s degree in a field other than education from an accredited college or university with at least a 2.5 GPA. Applicants must submit official transcripts as evidence of the degree.
- Have the knowledge and academic background to teach in the selected subject area. Applicants should visit the to check the competencies and skills required for the desired subject area.
- Demonstrate a clear disposition to teach.
- Participate in the required field experience during the school day.
- Be computer literate since the EPI courses are online.
- Pass the following Florida Teacher Certification Examinations (FTCE):
- - all four subtests
- Complete a and Residency Affidavit
- Items to Submit to EPI Director
Documents included in the EPI Program Application Packet, including:
- EPI Program Application Checklist
- EPI Alternative Certification Program Application
- EPI Professional Reference Form
- EPI Field Experience Request Form
- EPI Teaching Philosophy Essay
- Florida Educator Accomplished Practices (FEAPS) Self-Assessment
Additional documents to submit to EPI Director:
- Copy of Florida Teacher Certification Examinations (FTCE) Test Score Report of passing scores for:
- Subject Area Examination (SAE)
- General Knowledge Test (GKT) (all four subtests)
- Copy of valid FLDOE Official Statement of Status of Eligibility that states “You are Eligible for a Florida Educator’s Certificate”
Send the above listed items in one packet to: Educator Preparation Institute, Attn: Division of Arts and Sciences, Pasco-Hernando State College, 10230 Ridge Road, New Port Richey, FL 34654-5199