The application deadline for the 2021-2022 academic year is closed.
The application for the 2022-2023 academic year will be available beginning January 3, 2022. The application deadline for Fall 2022 is July 31, 2022.
To be considered for enrollment in the Educator Preparation Institute (EPI) program, participants must meet the following admission requirements:
- Possess a bachelor’s degree or higher from a regionally accredited institution with at least an overall 2.5 GPA. Applicants must as evidence of the degree.
- Have the knowledge and academic background to teach in the selected subject area. Applicants should visit the to check the competencies and skills required for the desired subject area.
- Possess a valid Statement of Status Eligibility from the Florida Department of Education.
- Participate in the required field experience during the school day.
- Be computer literate since the EPI courses are online.
- Pass the following Florida Teacher Certification Examinations (FTCE):
- - all four subtests*
- Complete a and Residency Affidavit
*Note: Completion of a master’s degree or higher from an accredited post-secondary institution recognized by the Department of Education will satisfy the GKT requirement.
- Items to Submit to EPI Director
Documents included in the EPI Program Application Packet, including:
- EPI Program Application Checklist
- EPI Alternative Certification Program Application
- EPI Professional Reference Form - two references required
- EPI Field Experience Request Form
- EPI Teaching Philosophy Essay
- Florida Educator Accomplished Practices (FEAPS) Self-Assessment
Additional documents to submit to EPI Director:
- Copy of Florida Teacher Certification Examinations (FTCE) Test Score Report of passing scores for:
- Subject Area Examination (SAE)
- General Knowledge Test (GKT) (all four subtests)
- Copy of valid FLDOE Official Statement of Status of Eligibility that states “You are Eligible for a Florida Educator’s Certificate”
Send the above listed items in one packet to:
Educator Preparation Institute Attn: Division of Arts and Sciences
Pasco-Hernando State College
10230 Ridge Road New Port Richey, FL 34654-5199
Request for Information
Want to learn more about the Educator Preparation Institute? Or, do you have additional questions? Complete the Request for Information form on the EPI Admission home page.