The PHSC Educator Preparation Institute graduation requirements include the following:
- Complete all EPI classes with a "C" or higher
- Achieve a minimum average of 2.5 GPA in all EPI classes
- Complete all school-based hours
- Demonstrate competency in the at the pre-professional level
- Pass the final section of the Florida Teacher Certification Examinations (FTCE)
- Note: Full-time teachers who have earned a highly effective rating per their performance evaluation under s. 1012.34 F.S., may use it to satisfy the Professional Education Test requirement.
- Student Responsibilities
The EPI Student must:
- Complete the for the upgrade of your Statement of Eligibility or Temporary Certificate to a Professional Certificate. Do at least 60 days prior to your statement/certificate’s expiration at
- Update the EPI office if there have been any changes made to your Statement of Eligibility and/or Temporary Certificate. If your Statement of Eligibility has expired, you must complete .
- Complete the EPI Post Evaluation Survey. Print or screenshot the last confirmation page of the survey, “your response has been recorded” and submit to the EPI office.
- Complete and submit the EPI FEAPs Post Assessment Form.
- Check your PHSC email for communication regarding additional needed action.
- Director Responsibilities
The EPI Director will:
- Review the student’s file and verify that all requirements for the completion process have been met.
- Review student’s transcripts for program requirements.
- Sign and send sign the CT-133 Certification of Completion form to the FLDOE Bureau of Educator Certification after the completion checklist is complete.
- Send the student a copy of the CT-133 form and an EPI completion letter.
The Office of Admissions and Student Records will send the student a certificate of completion in the mail after the student records have been verified.